안동 청성서원

HeritageWiki
이동: 둘러보기, 검색
안동 청성서원
Cheongseongseowon Confucian Academy
대표명칭 안동 청성서원
영문명칭 Cheongseongseowon Confucian Academy
한자 安東 靑城書院
주소 경상북도 안동시 웃막실길 10
지정번호 시도기념물 제175호
지정일 2017년 5월 15일
분류 유적건조물/교육문화/교육기관/서원
웹사이트 문화재청 국가문화유산포털



해설문

국문

이 서원은 조선 중기의 학자 송암(松巖) 권호문(權好文, 1532~1587)을 배향한 서원으로 매년 봄과 가을에 향사(享祀)를 지내고 있다.

선조(宣祖) 41년(1608) 사림(士林)의 발의로 연어헌지(鳶魚軒址)에 처음 건립하여 광해군(光海君) 4년(1612)에 송암의 위패를 모시고 제사를 지내다가, 영조(英祖) 43년(1767)에 현재의 위치로 옮긴 것이다. 대원군(大院君)의 서원훼철령으로 철폐된 뒤 1909년 다시 설치되었다.

또한 이 서원은 안동지역의 인문지리지인『영가지(永嘉誌)』편찬에 있어서 매우 의미있는 곳이다. 1791년 귀와(龜窩) 김굉(金㙆, 1739~1816)이 이 서원의 원장이 되어 여러 선비들과 함께 안동의 역사서인 『영가지(永嘉誌)』를 교정하고, 또 한 부를 정서(正書)하여 오늘날 우리가 볼 수 있는 목판본(木版本)을 간행할 수 있도록 결정적인 모임을 가진 곳이기도 하다.

서원 내에는 강당(講堂), 동․서재(東西齋), 정도문(正道門), 청풍사(淸風祀), 전사청(奠祀廳), 신문(神門) 등 모두 7동의 건물이 있다.

영문

A seowon is a private education institution of the Joseon period (1392-1910) which usually combined the functions of a Confucian shrine and a lecture hall.

This Confucian academy was first built in 1608, and Gwon Ho-mun (1532-1587), a Confucian scholar of the mid-Joseon period, was enshrined here in 1612. Gwon passed the state examination in 1561. However, he dedicated himself to studying in his hometown and was highly revered by many other scholars. Rituals for him are still held at this Confucian academy each spring and autumn.

In 1791, Kim Goeng (1739-1816), a civil official of the late Joseon period, became the head of this Confucian academy. He gathered many scholars to correct Yeonggaji, the local record of the Andong area, and furthered the plan to publish the woodblocks for this book.

The Confucian academy was moved to its current location in 1767, and it was once demolished when most shrines and Confucian academies were shut down by a nationwide decree in the late 19th century. It was reopened in 1909, and the current seven buildings, including a lecture hall, dormitories, and a shrine, were reconstructed.