청주 망선루

HeritageWiki
이동: 둘러보기, 검색

해설문 Interpretive Text

국문 Korean 영문 English
이 건물은 고려시대 청주관아(淸州官衙)의 객사(客舍)동쪽에 있던 누각 건물로 취경루(聚景樓)라 하였다. 청주에 남아 있는 목조건물 가운데 가장 오래된 역사를 지니고 있다. 1361년(고려 공민왕, 10년) 홍건적(紅巾賊)의 침입을 물리치고 궁궐로 돌아가다 청주에 머무른 기념으로 과거시험을 치렀는데, 이때 합격자의 방(榜)을 취경루(聚景樓)에 붙였다는 기록이 있다. 1461년(조선 세조7)에 목사 이백상(李伯常)이 중수하고, 한명회(韓明澮)가 누각의 이름을 고쳐 망선루라 하였다. 그 후 여려 차례의 중수를 거쳐 유지 되다가 일제 때 철거되었다. 이에 김태희(金泰熙)가 중심이 되어 1923년 남문로 제일교회 뒤에 옮겨 교육 및 집회장소로 활용되었다. 그 후 기둥이 심하게 부식되어 붕괴의 위험이 있어 2000년 12월 현재의 자리에 옛 모습인 정면 5칸, 측면 3칸의 2층 팔작지붕으로 이전 복원되었다. This pavilion, dating back to the Goryeo period (918-1392), had been the oldest wooden structure in Cheongju. It stood to the east of the local government building, and used to be called Chwigyeongnu Pavilion. In 1461, after a renovation, it was renamed Mangseollu Pavilion by Han Myeong-hoe, a renowned politician of the period. According to records, King Gongmin (r. 1351-1374) stayed in Cheongju for a few months on his way back to the capital, Gaegyeong (present-day North Korea), after retreating from the Red Turbans in 1361. To commemorate his stay, the Goryeo government conducted a special state examination in the town. The names of the successful candidates were posted in a scroll which was hung in this pavilion. In 1923, the pavilion was moved behind Jeil Church and cement was installed between the pillars so it could be used as an indoor school building or gathering place. It was restored in its original design in its present location in 2000.

관련 항목 Related Entries

본 기사 Current Entry 관계 Relation 관련 기사 Related Entry
청주 망선루

위치 Location

갤러리 Gallery

주석