진행중

안동 하회 양진당

HeritageWiki
이동: 둘러보기, 검색


안동 하회 양진당
Yangjindang House in Hahoe, Andong
"양진당", 안동하회마을.
대표명칭 안동 하회 양진당
영문명칭 Yangjindang House in Hahoe, Andong
한자 安東 河回 養眞堂
주소 경상북도 안동시 풍천면 하회리 724
지정번호 보물 제306호
지정일 1963년 1월 21일
분류 유적건조물/주거생활/주거건축/가옥
시대 조선시대
수량/면적 1동
웹사이트 안동 하회 양진당, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.



해설문

기존 국문

이 집은 풍산류씨 대종택으로, 풍산에 살던 류종혜 柳從惠가 하회마을에 들어와 최초로 지은 집이기에 유서가 깊다. 15세기 무렵에 지은 후 임진왜란 때 화재를 겪기도 하였고, 여러 대에 걸쳐 지어진 흔적이 남아 있다. 대종택답게 웅장한 규모를 자랑하며, 문중의 모임을 이 곳 사랑채에서 가진다. ‘양진당’이라는 이름은 풍산 류씨 족보를 최초로 완성한 류영 柳泳 1687~1761의 호에서 따온 것이며, 사랑채에 걸려 있는 현판-‘입암고택 立巖古宅 ’은 류운룡의 아버지인 류중영 柳仲郢의 호에서 따온 것이다.

수정 국문 2020

양진당은 풍산 류씨의 큰 종갓집으로, 조선 중기의 문신이자 학자인 류운룡(柳雲龍, 1539~1601) 가문이 사는 집이다.

양진당은 류운룡의 선조 류종혜가 14세기 말 하회마을에 처음 들어왔을 때 터를 잡은 곳이며, 집의 건물은 류운룡의 아버지 류중영(柳仲郢, 1515~1573)이 지었다고 한다. 임진왜란 때 불에 타서 다시 고쳐 지었고, 그 후 여러 대에 걸쳐 다시 지은 흔적이 있다.

사랑 대청 북쪽 벽에 걸려 있는 ‘양진당’이란 현판의 이름은 최초로 풍산 류씨 족보를 완성한 류영(柳泳, 1687~1761)의 호에서 따온 것이다. 사랑채 앞에는 류중영의 호 ‘입암’을 따서 지은 ‘입암고택(立巖古宅)’이라는 현판이 걸려 있다.

영문

Yangjindang is the head house of the descendants of Ryu Un-ryong (1539-1601), an esteemed civil official and scholar of the Joseon period (1392-1910). A head house is a residence passed down among the male successors of a family lineage.

In the late 14th century, the first member of the the Pungsan Ryu Clan to settle in this village, namely Ryu Jong-hye, chose this site for his house. In the 16th century, the 6th successor of the family lineage, Ryu Jung-yeong (1515-1573, pen name: Ibam), is said to have newly built a house on this site. After his son, Ryu Un-ryong, took over the family lineage, the house became the head house of his descendants. During the Japanese invasions of 1592-1598, the house was significantly damaged by fire and repaired. Since then, the house has undergone several more repairs.

The house complex consists of a servant’s quarters, men’s quarters, and women’s quarters. There are also two ancestral shrines behind the house - one to honor Ryu Un-ryong and one to honor his father. The men’s quarters is used as a space for performing ancestral rituals.

The name Yangjindang comes from the pen name of Ryu Yeong (1687-1761), a descendant of Ryu Un-ryeong, who was the first to compile the genealogical records of the Punsan Ryu clan. The house is also known by the name "Ibam gotaek," meaning the "old house of Ryu Jung-yeong," and a plaque with this name hangs at the front of the men's quarters.

Yangjindang is one of the two most well-known properties in Hahoe Village. The other is Chunghyodang, the head house of the descendants of Ryu Un-ryong's younger brother, Ryu Seong-ryong (1542-1607), which is located across the street.

참고

  • 6세: 류종혜
  • 12세: 류중영(1515-1573)
  • 13세: 류운룡(1539-1601)
  • 류영(1687-1761) - 류운룡의 6대손