Debates on Korea
Revision as of 18:52, 29 November 2017 by Lyndsey
The section covers 13 controversial topics relating to Korean history, providing context, facts, and sources on each subject.
- Gija: The Legend behind the Origin of Korea's Confucian Culture
- Historical Character of the Lelang Commandery
- Relations between Korea and Japan in Ancient Times
- Tang and Silla: Originality of Silla Culture and the Influence of Tang China
- Balhae: Shared History of Korea and China
- Goryeo’s Struggle for Autonomy against the Mongol Empire
- The Tribute System: Understanding East Asian Diplomacy
- Sino-Japanese and Russo-Japanese Wars: Foreign Powers Making the Korean Peninsula their Battleground
- A Sea with Two Names: The East Sea or the Sea of Japan?
- Koreans' Resistance to Japanese Imperialism
- The Comfort Women Issue and Finding the Truth
- About Dokdo Island
- The Nobi of Joseon: Slaves or Serfs?