진행중

안동 도산서원 상덕사 및 삼문

HeritageWiki
Lyndsey (토론 | 기여) 사용자의 2020년 6월 12일 (금) 10:26 판 (영문)

(차이) ← 이전 판 | 최신판 (차이) | 다음 판 → (차이)
이동: 둘러보기, 검색


안동 도산서원 상덕사 및 삼문
Sangdeoksa Shrine and Main Gate of Dosanseowon Confucian Academy, Andong
안동 도산서원 상덕사 및 삼문, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.
대표명칭 안동 도산서원 상덕사 및 삼문
영문명칭 Sangdeoksa Shrine and Main Gate of Dosanseowon Confucian Academy, Andong
한자 安東 陶山書院 尙德祠 및 三門
주소 경상북도 안동시 도산면 도산서원길 154 (토계리)
지정번호 보물 제211호
지정일 1963년 1월 21일
분류 유적건조물/교육문화/교육기관/서원
시대 조선시대
수량/면적 2동
웹사이트 안동 도산서원 상덕사 및 삼문, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.



해설문

국문

퇴계선생과 제자 월천 조목(月川 趙穆, 1524~1606)의 위패를 모신 사당과 사당으로 들어가는 입구이다.

상덕사는 1574년 도산서원 건립 때 지어졌다. 일반적으로 사당 건물은 간결하게 맞배지붕으로 짓는데, 도산서원의 사당은 팔작지붕을 얹었다. 매년 음력 2월과 8월에 제사를 올리며, 3일 전부터 제사를 준비하여 당일 축시(丑時, 새벽 2시)에 실행한다.

삼문은 상덕사와 같은 시기에 지어졌다. 가운데 문은 혼이 다니는 문이라 하여 사람이 쓰지 않고, 제사를 올리는 사람들은 오른쪽 문으로 들어가고 왼쪽 문으로 나온다.

영문

Sangdeoksa Shrine and Inner Gate of Dosanseowon Confucian Academy, Andong

This shrine was built in 1574 to honor Yi Hwang (1501-1570) and his student Jo Mok (1524-1606). As the shrine is regarded as a sacred place, it is surrounded by its own stone wall and can be entered only by passing through a gate in the wall.

Normally, a shrine has a simple style with a gable roof, but the shrine in Dosanseowon has rather elaborate style with a hip-and-gable roof. Rituals are held here biannually in the second and eighth lunar months.

The gate was also built around 1574. It is called the "inner three-door gate" in Korean in relation to the "outer" main gate of the complex and because it consists of three doors. The door in the center is reserved for the spirits of those honored in the shrine who are said to return to this place during rituals, while the doors on the right and left are used by the ritual participants to enter and exit the shrine, respectively.

참고자료