"장성 고산서원"의 두 판 사이의 차이

HeritageWiki
이동: 둘러보기, 검색
(영문)
 
(다른 사용자 한 명의 중간 판 2개는 보이지 않습니다)
1번째 줄: 1번째 줄:
{{진행중}}
 
 
{{문화유산정보
 
{{문화유산정보
 
|사진=장성고산서원.jpg
 
|사진=장성고산서원.jpg
38번째 줄: 37번째 줄:
 
'''Gosanseowon Confucian Academy, Jangseong'''
 
'''Gosanseowon Confucian Academy, Jangseong'''
  
Confucian academies, called seowon in Korean, are private education institutions of the Joseon period (1392-1910) which usually combined the functions of a Confucian shrine and a lecture hall.
+
Confucian academies, called ''seowon'' in Korean, are private education institutions of the Joseon period (1392-1910) which usually combined the functions of a Confucian shrine and a lecture hall.
  
Gosanseowon Confucian Academy was built in honor of Ki Jeong-jin (1798-1879), a scholar of the Joseon period (1392-1910). Ki Jeong-jin was born in Sunchang, and from 1816, following his parents’ death, he lived in his forefathers’ hometown Jangseong. He won the first place in the state examination (사마시 ?) in 1831, but he did not serve in any public posts. Instead, for all his life, he chose to focus on his studies and on teaching students who came to visit him from all over the country.
+
Gosanseowon was established to commemorate the scholar Gi Jeong-jin (1798-1879). Gi was born in Sunchang, but moved to Jangseong, his ancestor's hometown, in 1816 after both of his parents passed away. In 1831, he placed first in the preliminary state examination, but he did not pursue an official career. Instead, he spent his life focusing on his studies and on teaching students who came to visit him from all over the country.
  
This place was originally the lecture named Damdaeheon, which Ki Jeong-jin built in 1878. In 1927, a shrine named Gosansa was built behind the lecture hall and it was established as the Confucian Academy that enshrines the spirit tablet of Ki Jeong-jin. Besides Ki Jeong-jin, it also enshrines (the spirit tablets?) of 8 students of him cherishing the memory of their studies and spirit.  
+
In 1878, Gi Jeong-jin built a lecture hall named Damdaeheon on this site. In 1927, a shrine named Gosansa was added behind the lecture hall to enshrine Gi's spirit tablet. Together, the lecture hall and shrine are known as Gosanseowon Confucian Academy. The academy additionally enshrines the spirit tablets of eight of Gi's students to honor their scholarship and principles.
  
The complex, from front to back, includes a main gate, two dormitories, a lecture hall, an auxiliary building, an inner gate, and a main shrine. In the auxiliary building the woodblocks which are carved with Ki Jeong-jin’s works (Jeollanam-do Tangible Cultural Heritage No. 214) are being preserved.
+
The complex, from front to back, includes a main gate, two dormitories, a lecture hall, a woodblock repository, an inner gate, and a shrine. The collection of woodblocks (Jeollanam-do Tangible Cultural Heritage No. 214) in the repository are for printing Gi Jeong-jin's literary works.
  
 
===영문 해설 내용===
 
===영문 해설 내용===

2020년 4월 1일 (수) 10:56 기준 최신판

장성고산서원
Gosanseowon Confucian Academy, Jangseong
장성 고산서원, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.
대표명칭 장성고산서원
영문명칭 Gosanseowon Confucian Academy, Jangseong
한자 長城高山書院
주소 전라남도 장성군 진원면 고산리 257번지
지정번호 전라남도 기념물 제63호
지정일 1982년 10월 15일
분류 유적건조물/교육문화/교육기관/서원
수량/면적 일원
웹사이트 장성 고산서원, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.



해설문

국문

고산서원은 노사 기정진(蘆沙 奇正鎭, 1798~1879) 선생이 1878년에 담대헌(澹對軒)이란 정사*를 짓고 제자를 가르쳤던 곳인데, 1924년에 제자들이 다시 지었으며, 1927년에 고산사(高山祠)란 사우를 세우고 고산서원이란 현판**을 걸어 기정진 선생을 주향***하고, 조성가(趙性家), 이최선(李最善), 김녹휴(金祿休), 조의곤(曺毅坤), 김석구(金錫龜), 정재규(鄭載圭), 기우만(奇宇萬), 정의림(鄭義林) 등 여덟 분의 제자를 종향****하며 그 분들의 학문과 정신을 추모하면서 제자를 가르쳤던 교육기관이다.

기정진 선생은 전북 순창 구수동마을에서 태어났지만, 18세 되던 1816년부터 전남 장성에서 생활했다. 특별한 스승 없이 성리학을 공부하여 높은 경지에 이르렀고, 평생 동안 학문을 연구하였으며, 전국에서 찾아온 많은 제자들을 가르쳤다. 공조ㆍ호조 참판까지 제수되었으나 벼슬에 나가지는 않았고, 문간(文簡)이란 시호를 받았다.

대문 격인 외삼문을 들어서면 교육공간인 강당이 위치해 있고, 외삼문과 강당 사이에는 동재인 거경재, 서재인 집의재가 위치해 있다. 강당 뒤쪽의 내삼문을 지나면 사당인 고산사가 위치해 있다. 경내에 위치한 장판각에는 장성 고산서원 노사선생 전집 및 답문류편 목판(전라남도 유형문화재 제214호)이 보관되어 있다.


  • 정사(精舍) : 학문을 가르치기 위하여 마련한 집
  • 현판(懸板) : 글자나 그림을 새겨 문 위나 벽에 다는 널조각
  • 주향(主享) : 서원이나 사우에서 위패를 모시어 제향하는 일
  • 종향(從享) : 학덕이 있는 사람의 신주를 문묘나 사당, 서원 등에 모시는 일

영문

Gosanseowon Confucian Academy, Jangseong

Confucian academies, called seowon in Korean, are private education institutions of the Joseon period (1392-1910) which usually combined the functions of a Confucian shrine and a lecture hall.

Gosanseowon was established to commemorate the scholar Gi Jeong-jin (1798-1879). Gi was born in Sunchang, but moved to Jangseong, his ancestor's hometown, in 1816 after both of his parents passed away. In 1831, he placed first in the preliminary state examination, but he did not pursue an official career. Instead, he spent his life focusing on his studies and on teaching students who came to visit him from all over the country.

In 1878, Gi Jeong-jin built a lecture hall named Damdaeheon on this site. In 1927, a shrine named Gosansa was added behind the lecture hall to enshrine Gi's spirit tablet. Together, the lecture hall and shrine are known as Gosanseowon Confucian Academy. The academy additionally enshrines the spirit tablets of eight of Gi's students to honor their scholarship and principles.

The complex, from front to back, includes a main gate, two dormitories, a lecture hall, a woodblock repository, an inner gate, and a shrine. The collection of woodblocks (Jeollanam-do Tangible Cultural Heritage No. 214) in the repository are for printing Gi Jeong-jin's literary works.

영문 해설 내용

서원은 조선시대에 설립된 사설교육기관으로, 선현 제향과 교육의 기능을 수행하였다.

고산서원은 조선시대의 학자인 기정진(1798-1879)을 기리기 위해 세운 서원이다. 기정진은 순창에서 태어났으나 양친이 돌아가신 후 1816년부터는 선대의 고향인 장성에서 살았다. 1831년 사마시에서 장원급제하였지만, 벼슬에 나아가지 않고 평생 오로지 학문에만 몰두하며 전국에서 찾아온 많은 제자들을 가르쳤다.

원래 이곳은 1878년 기정진이 담대헌이라는 강당을 지어 제자를 가르치던 곳이다. 1927년 강당 뒤에 고산사라는 사당을 짓고 기정진의 위패를 모시면서 서원으로 설립하였다. 현재 기정진 외에도 8명의 제자를 함께 모시고 그들의 학문과 정신을 추모하고 있다.

경내의 건물은 앞에서부터 정문, 동서재, 강당, 장판각, 내삼문, 사당 순으로 배치되어 있다. 장판각에는 기정진의 문집을 새긴 목판(전라남도 유형문화재 제214호)이 보관되어 있다.