밀양 소은고택

HeritageWiki
강혜원 (토론 | 기여) 사용자의 2023년 1월 20일 (금) 12:24 판 (감수의견)

(차이) ← 이전 판 | 최신판 (차이) | 다음 판 → (차이)
이동: 둘러보기, 검색
밀양 소은고택
Soeun House, Miryang
대표명칭 밀양 소은고택
영문명칭 Soeun House, Miryang
한자 密陽 小隱故宅
주소 경상남도 밀양시 부북면 퇴로2길 14
국가유산 종목 경상남도 문화재자료 제679호
지정(등록)일 2021년 12월 30일
분류 유적건조물 / 주거생활 / 주거건축 / 가옥
수량/면적 4동 / 424㎡
웹사이트 밀양 소은고택, 국가문화유산포털, 문화재청.



해설문

국문

19세기 중엽에 건축된 집으로 전통 한옥이 근대 한옥으로 변화하는 과정을 잘 보여준다. 한옥이 밀집한 퇴로리 여주 이씨 집성촌에서 가장 오래된 집으로 마을 가운데에 있다.

대문채를 들어서면 오른쪽으로 사랑채가 나오고, 사랑채 남쪽으로 모로 앉은 중문채를 통해 안채에 이른다. 사랑채는 팔작지붕에 정면 6칸 측면 1칸 규모이고 남북 방향으로 길게 뻗어 있다. 남쪽부터 사랑마루, 큰사랑, 창고, 중사랑, 중사랑마루 순으로 배치되어 있다. 앞면에는 쪽마루를 뒀다.

사랑채 앞 정원은 독선생(獨先生)*이 기거하며 아이를 가르치던 새사랑채가 있던 자리이다. 안채는 정면 5칸, 측면 2칸 규모에 팔작지붕을 하고 있으며 중문채와 마주하고 있다. 중문채는 온돌방, 광, 헛간 등으로 이뤄져 있고 대문채에는 마구간, 창고 등이 배치됐다.

고택 이름 ‘소은’은 부모님을 봉양하기 위해 1936년 이 집으로 이주한 이태형(1895~1973)의 호에서 따왔다. 그는 유학과 신학문을 함께 배웠고, 명륜학원(밀성중고의 전신)을 설립하여 초대 원장을 맡는 등 평생을 육영사업에 헌신했다.


  • 독선생: 한집에 기거하면서 그 집 아이만을 맡아 가르치는 선생.

영문

Soeun House, Miryang

Built in the mid-19th century, Seoun House is the oldest among the many traditional Korean houses in Toero-ri, a clan village of the Yeoju Yi Clan. Located in the center of the village, this historic house shows the process of architectural modernization that occurred toward the end of the Joseon dynasty (1392-1910).

Upon entering through the main gate quarters, one is greeted by the men’s quarters. To the rear right of the men’s quarters is the inner gate quarters, which leads to the women’s quarters (the main building). The main gate quarters, inner gate quarters, and women’s quarters are arranged parallel to one another facing south, while the men’s quarters is oriented perpendicularly facing west. There is a garden in front of the men’s quarters and a courtyard in front of the women’s quarters.

The men’s quarters features a hip and gable roof and measures six bays in width by one bay in depth. From right to left, it consists of a main wooden-floored room, a main underfloor-heated room, a storeroom, an inner underfloor-heated room, and an inner wooden-floored room, with a narrow wooden veranda along the front. The women’s quarters features a hip and gable roof and measures five bays in width by two bays in depth. The main gate quarters features a stable and storeroom, while the inner gate quarters consists of an underfloor-heated room, a shed, and a barn. The garden in front of the men’s quarters once also featured a residence for a private in-home tutor who taught the family’s children.

The house’s name, Seoun, was the pen name of Yi Tae-hyeong (1895-1973), who moved to this house in 1936 to care for his parents. Having studied both Confucianism and Western Studies, Yi led the establishment of Myeongnyun Academy (today’s Milseong Middle and High School) and served as its founding principal. He devoted his entire life to educational endeavors.

영문 해설 내용

19세기 중엽에 건축된 소은고택은 한옥이 밀집한 퇴로리 여주 이씨 집성촌에서 가장 오래된 집이다. 마을 가운데에 있는 이 가옥은 조선 말 전통 한옥이 근대 한옥으로 변화하는 과정을 잘 보여준다.

대문채를 들어서면 사랑채가 나오고, 사랑채 뒤쪽 오른편에 있는 중문채를 통해 안채에 이른다. 대문채, 중문채, 안채는 남향으로 서로 나란히 놓여 있고, 사랑채는 서향으로 놓여 있다. 사랑채 앞에는 정원이 있고, 안채 앞에는 안마당이 있다.

사랑채는 팔작지붕에 정면 6칸 측면 1칸 규모이다. 오른쪽부터 사랑마루, 큰사랑, 창고, 중사랑, 중사랑마루 순으로 배치되어 있고, 앞면에는 쪽마루를 뒀다. 안채는 정면 5칸, 측면 2칸 규모에 팔작지붕을 하고 있다. 대문채에는 마구간, 창고 등이 배치되어 있고, 중문채는 온돌방, 광, 헛간 등으로 이뤄져 있다. 사랑채 앞 정원에는 독선생(獨先生)이 기거하며 아이를 가르치던 새사랑채가 있던 자리이다.

고택 이름 ‘소은’은 부모님을 봉양하기 위해 1936년 이 집으로 이주한 이태형(1895-1973)의 호에서 따왔다. 그는 유학과 신학문을 함께 배웠고, 명륜학원(밀성중고의 전신)을 설립하여 초대 원장을 맡는 등 평생을 육영사업에 헌신했다.